Monday, July 19, 2010

Summertime--and tomatoes--in Utah


Summertime and the pollen is high.

I love photographing dandelions. They're so...ethereal. Especially when backlit ;) Don't they make you think of summer?

You know what else makes me think of summer? Tomatoes. And this year, I grew my own. You may remember when my first little guy budded. Well, feast your eyes upon...this!


That, friends, is my first tomato of the season. And of ever. I grew it myself. Victory tastes so sweet. My tomato plant may be dying and seeping with neem oil to control the aphids, but boy is it fruiting!

So, on my next post I hope to do a review of a book I recently read called In Defense of Food. By the time I'm through with you, you'll be begging me for some of my organic tomatoes, hahaha!

Maybe not. But, it's fun to lord over others with our produce from time to time.

:D

1 comment:

  1. Though I have steered clear of solid tomatoes (the saucy kind are okay) since I was wee, you may just make a convert out of me... What a beautiful little tomato.

    ReplyDelete